Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22 2018

So it's been a year since I've posted anything. BFD
I've cut two finger off and had my right shoulder replaced and nearly
wore it out already. My rack holding up five of the bee hives I had fell and pert near ruined the hives. Two of them eventually died out and I got no honey last year. Last year was a bad year for the bees. Only two swarms. Both got away. So far this year I've had five swarms and managed to catch three of them put two in ten frame Langstroth boxes and the other in a quickly constructed top-bar. All three are doing good so far.
Got twenty chicks from tractor supply last year and managed to raise eighteen. The girls of the bunch are laying for us now and I am slowly working my way though the roosters. Made a smothered greasy gravy with one of the rosters day before yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment